Grants Development & Management Administrator
Master’s degree (Doctorate degree preferred)
Valid Texas Teacher Certification
Valid Texas Administrator Certification or equivalent certification
Knowledge of grant management and partnership development
Knowledge of state and federal laws that impact grant funding
Knowledge of the grant application process
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and support multiple grant making functions simultaneously while exhibiting excellent time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
Strong organizational, communication, leadership, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
Ability to communicate with teachers, educational leaders, school trustees, parents, and community leaders
Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
Ability to function as a member of a high-performing team
Ability to work well with a diverse population
Minimum five (5) years grant writing experience, preferably in an educational setting
Previous supervisory experience
- Oversee the implementation and expenditures of competitive grant awards.
- Guides and facilitates faculty and staff in the development and preparation of proposals, to include budget documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Create and maintain required reporting to funding sources on the status of projects and the appropriation and use of funds.
- Recommend policies and procedures to support the grant development program.
- Assist campuses and central departments with the development and proper processing/approval of grant applications.
- Assist and provide training to campuses and central departments with the implementation of grant awards.
- Oversee the research and interpretation of state, federal, corporate, and foundation funding opportunities that are relevant to the educational needs of the district.
- Oversee the writing and submission of grant proposals
- Coordinate with the Business Office the preparation of drawdown requests and final reports for special revenue funds.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all special revenue funds per grantor’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and administer the departmental budget.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Monitor state and federal legislative processes for potential impact on academic success programming, including credit and cycle recovery, and SSI.
- Articulate the districts mission, instructional philosophy, and academic success programming to the community and solicit its support in realizing district’s mission and goals.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Demonstrate awareness of district-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Communicate to district staff, parents, students, and community members in a manner that conveys respect, concern, and high expectations.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents, and community members.
- Foster rapport between the district and the community through positive involvement in civic activities.
- Pursue professional development through reading, attending conference and being involved with related agencies and organizations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Facilitator, secretary and others as assigned.