Valid Texas Teacher’s Certificate
Ability to provide instructional leadership and management in related areas
Effective skills in planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing professional development
Experience working with grants/grant writing/grant seeking
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work with others; conflict management skills
Demonstrated leadership skills at the campus level
Minimum three (3) years’ teaching experience
- Researches grant opportunities based upon District’s Strategic Goals, District Improvement Plan, and Campus Improvement Plans to help realize District’s Shared Vision.
- Seeks and identifies available funding sources including Federal, State, and Private Foundations through a variety of sources, and disseminates information within the District.
- Ability to work with Program Directors and Campus Teams to structure, prepare, and submit grant applications to meet funding needs.
- Assist in developing, writing, and submitting in conjunction with appropriate Administrative Team and/or Campus Team members, grant proposals on behalf of the District and its programs.
- Serves as clearing house for grants as well as reviews grant proposals prior to submission to funding agencies.
- Establish and maintain databases to monitor grants and timelines to gather/store required documentation to ensure compliance and completion of necessary reports.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and assume responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Maintain and update District Grant Intranet site.
- Use strong technical editing, technical summary writing, and proofreading skills as needed.
- Establish systems for data collection and analysis to assist in establishing district/campus needs.
- Assist in presenting grant-writing training for staff members.