Direct and manage assigned areas of instructional program and campus operations. Oversee assigned student activities and services. Develop community and industry partnerships to engage workforce readiness for students.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote college and career-based student performance outcomes.
- Develop innovative instructional programs, support teachers in the implementation of each program when appropriate.
- Participate in program evaluation measures and make suggestions for improvement where needed.
- Set and maintain expectations for staff performance about instructional strategies and classroom management.
- Foster collegiality and team-building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in the decision-making process with industry partners.
- Take a leadership role in planning activities and implementing programs to ensure the attainment of the district college and career readiness goals.
- Develop campus improvement plans with staff, parents, community members and industry.
- Support high school principals as they develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain records and track progress on CCMR, attendance, graduation and other post-secondary indicators.
- Maintain flexibility when responding to community needs.
- Actively develop student recruiting plans to generate interest in each program of study offered.
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly applied and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
- Oversee campus operations, resources and budget.
- Take a leadership role in planning and scheduling daily school activities, including developing class schedules, teacher assignments, and community events.
- Oversee student attendance reporting and monitoring and work with staff and the home high school campuses to identify and address issues.
- Work with instructors and the CTE department to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs.
- Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment and monitor and maintain inventory by district procedures.
- Create and implement plans to maintain hands-on equipment in the facility.
- Coordinate operational support services such as transportation, custodial, and operations to best meet campus needs.
- Comply with district policies, state and federal laws, and regulations affecting schools.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences as needed for the designated teacher appraisal system.
- Create systems for interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff with industry experience or credentials.
- Articulate the district’s mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing college and career readiness for all students.
- Collaborate with community stakeholders such as school board members, local chambers of commerce, government officials, non-profit organizations, and colleges/universities.
- Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs using appropriate and practical techniques to encourage community industry and parent involvement.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
Supervise and evaluate the work of professional staff as assigned by the school principal. Direct the work of teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel, and others.
Standard office equipment, including personal computer and peripherals.
Prolonged sitting, occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
Frequent building tours, repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding, and use of a mouse; occasional reaching.
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
Work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours.
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; maintain confidentiality.