Grounds, Landscape Crew Leader
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record/CDL preferred
Knowledge and practice of all DOT rules and safety-chain/tie-down requirements
In lawn care and landscape maintenance and installation
- Ability to head up 3-4 man crew on daily basis to get assigned jobs complete.
- Ability to pull gooseneck trailer/large trailers in a safe manner.
- See that schools and support locations are mowed on time, once a week, and are in a presentable manner with quality care.
- Ability to occasionally work with principals/contractors.
- Ability to follow instructions/directions.
- Ability to operate all types of grounds equipment (ex: hand-held equipment, zero-turn mowers, skid loaders, backhoes).
- Ability to properly install landscape materials and supplies.
- Ability to complete all work orders/job assignments in a timely manner and additional assignments.
- Ability to work in various types of weather.
- Ability to work assigned/flexible on job duties.
- Responsible for truck and all equipment assigned.
- Keep truck/equipment clean of debris daily.
- Equipment upkeep daily (ex: grease unit, check fluid levels)
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of entire rig (ex: truck, trailer, tractor, mowing deck).
- Visually inspect tractor for oil and water leaks, proper tire inflation, and overall condition and report any deficiencies to management.
- Ability to load and unload tractor safely.
- Ability to handle stress/heat.
- Ability to show leadership.
- Ability to pick up trash and debris (ex: paper, rocks, wood).
- Ability to get all supplies together for daily tasks/assignments.
- Ability to assist mow crews with mowing and other assigned tasks.
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to take care of tractor and trailer and truck ($80K worth of equipment).
- Perform in field maintenance and service when needed.