Grounds Welding Foreperson
High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license (CDL preferred)
Knowledge of routine installation and repairs using best practices and methods
Knowledge of MIG, TIG and ARC welding guidelines
Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building maintenance: Experienced in welding stainless steel, aluminum and mild steel.
Ability to troubleshoot and implement appropriate preventative measures and follow proper welding and metal techniques
Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Five (5) years’ experience in welding, fence installation and repair, along with playground equipment installation and repair
Five (5) years’ experience with school district programs preferred
Five (5) years’ supervisory experience
- Assist with overseeing the completion of work assignments by crew members and assist with decisions regarding job procedures, work standards and machinery use.
- Enforces safe working conditions with all job assignments and is responsible for instructing staff on proper equipment use and work methods.
- Assist and provide direct to staff on special projects and crews.
- Manages to build maintenance program and improvement projects.
- Reports concerns and all disciplinary problems to Supervisor/Management.
- Responsible for overseeing sub-contractors’ work and completions.
- Ability to fill in as “Acting Supervisor” when needed.
- Assist in conducting interviews/hiring of staff.
- Ability to work with principals/contractors on a daily basis.
- Ability to conduct training as needed “in or out” of field.
- Willingness to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with principals and facilities managers to ensure a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations.
- Establish and oversee work schedules and procedures for the regular care of all district facilities and special projects. Complete work assignments as required by supervisor and management.
- Inspect all district buildings and facilities and schedule repairs as needed.
- Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state, district, and insurance regulations and train technicians on proper and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
- Ensure that established safety procedures are followed including lifting and climbing. Make sure that tools and equipment are operated and chemicals handled according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
- Evaluate and recommend welding/installation supplies and equipment to be used.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for welding/installation equipment. Ensure that maintenance is completed and equipment is in safe operating condition. Recommend replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
- Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records. Order tools, equipment, and supplies as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of department budget.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required including maintaining accurate information for payroll reporting (time cards, tardiness, and absenteeism).
- Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of technicians.