High School Boys Athletic Coordinator
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Current automate external (AED) defibrillator certificate
Knowledge of coaching techniques, strategies, and procedures
Knowledge of University Interscholastic League (UIL) rules and regulations
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Five (5) years’ experience as a coach
Program Planning and Instruction
- Direct and manage athletic programs and facilities at assigned campus.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities and use a variety of instructional techniques and media to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship and to improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport(s) assigned.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular activity participation.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Work with athletic director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.
- Ensure compliance with all UIL rules.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the coaching program and make recommendations for changes based on findings.
- Accompany and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions both at-home and on out-of-town trips.
- Instruct and advise students on National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
- Oversee the planning and execution of athletic banquets and award presentations on the assigned campus.
- Establish and maintain open communication with parents, student, principals, and teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Initiate and approve purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations.
- Oversee the proper care and maintenance of all campus athletic fields, facilities, and equipment including the cleaning, sanitizing, repairing, and storing of equipment and make recommendations for repair and replacement when appropriate.
Directs the work of coaches on assigned campus.