In Home - Parent Trainer
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certification in special education
Knowledge of specific strategies and interventions for working with parents and students with autism and other developmental disabilities.
Knowledge of proper assessment protocols for in home and parent training
Knowledge of how to provide services for students in alignment with students’ individualized education programs in order to promote generalization of skills from home to school.
Strong organizational skills
Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
Two (2) years of special education classroom teaching experience
Instructional and Program Management
- Establish a positive parent/trainer relationship.
- Assist in clarifying student expectations
- Model teaching strategies and behavioral intervention strategies for the home setting.
- Assist in making environmental modifications.
- Establish generalization of specific skills from the classroom to the home setting.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student/parent achievement through data collection procedures.
- Report/review current status of training.
- Implement specific goals and objectives developed by the ARD committee.
- Provide families necessary materials and visual supports.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other required documents.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Demonstrate support for the district’s student management policies and expected student behavior related to special education program.
Communication and Community Relations
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents, and community members.