Instructional Design Facilitator Elementary ELAR
Create, maintain and revise district elementary ELAR curriculum. Organize, facilitate, and conduct ongoing professional development to support the district’s comprehensive literacy plan. Collaborate with ELAR coordinators to develop a vertically aligned, research-based, and effective curriculum. Provide teacher modeling, coaching, and staff development for ELAR teachers.
Bachelor’s degree in education or subject-related field
Valid Texas Teacher Certification
Master’s degree in education or subject-related field, preferred
ESL Certification preferred
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of best practice strategies
Knowledge of instructional technology
Ability to interpret data
Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an elementary ELAR teacher
Curriculum development experience, preferred
Coaching experience, preferred
District or State level Professional Development experience preferred
- Work with ELAR Coordinator to develop, maintain and revise elementary ELAR curriculum to align to new ELAR standards.
- Work with ELAR curriculum coordinators to ensure effective implementation of Balanced Literacy strategies across the district.
- Collaborate with staff and other district personnel to formulate, develop, promote, implement, and evaluate the Balanced Literacy initiative.
- Consult with teachers to develop appropriate strategies for addressing the needs of students.
- Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement.
- Demonstrate and model research-based instructional strategies.
- Promote the use of instructional technology to engage students and to improve learning.
- Monitor effectiveness of instructional programs through observations, analysis of campus and district test data, and use of assessment instruments.
- Work with administrative staff to develop, coordinate, and deliver teacher professional growth activities in content and program areas.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Standard office equipment such as personal computers and peripherals
Prolonged sitting, occasional bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); occasional physical restraint of students to control behavior
May work prolonged or irregular hours; occasional districtwide and statewide travel
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress