Lead Network Engineer Applications
Bachelor’s degree in education or Information Technology, or eight (8) years additional experience in a Technology supporting role
Certifications in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or server operating system preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems in an enterprise server domain environment
Working knowledge of virtual server environments, VMWare experience preferred
Working knowledge of network monitoring tools, SolarWinds experience preferred
Working knowledge of Active Directory domains and LDAP
Knowledge of Remote Desktop technologies and protocols
Knowledge of Database Serves and Database Management (SQL, MySQL)
Knowledge of web services (HTTP, NTP, 5P, DNS, etc.)
Knowledge of Proxy servers and Web Filtering Systems
Knowledge of process work flow through an Information Technology environment
Working knowledge of SAN technologies (shared storage, iSCSI, etc.)
Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
Excellent Communication and decision-making skills
Outstanding team player
Must have familiarity with data Center network topologies
Must have the ability to think critically and solve complex issues
Minimum five (5) years implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting server environments, ten years preferred
- Provide 24 hours support for network server environment in an on-call rotation.
- Develop and maintain an on-call rotation schedule.
- Responsible for the design, effective use, regular maintenance, and life cycle of the following:
- Enterprise server (compute, storage ) systems
- LDAP service and queries
- Time synchronization using NTP and proprietary protocols
- Naming and delivery protocols such as DNS/DDNS/DHCP, and WINS
- Organization and access domain systems such as Active Directory
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues using protocol analyzer tool.
- Evaluate, counsel and assist academic departments in the implementation of third-party vendor hardware and software.
- Be cognizant of specialized business hardware and applications used throughout the district.
- Test, evaluate and integrate new network environments and technologies.
- Design/install/support computer system policies.
- Protect servers and network environment from viruses/malware.
- Communicate with vendor support personnel to resolve hardware and software issues in timely manner.
- Assist Assistant Director in planning, developing, and maintaining Annual Budget.
- Provide training for server staff.
- Provide after-hour/weekend support for special projects or critical components.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Engineers, administrators, specialists, and technicians as assigned by the Assistant Director