Lead Network Engineer – Communications
Bachelor’s degree in Education of Information technology, or eight (8) years additional experience in a Technology supporting role
Certifications in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or network infrastructure preferred
Experience with network monitoring tools (Sniffer, HP Openview, Insight Manager, etc.)
Working knowledge of physical Ethernet networks
Working knowledge of Cisco routers (ISRs and ASRs) and switches (Nexus 2k, 5k, 7k, 9k, 4507-10, 3850-3750 stacks)
Working knowledge of MAN, WAN, and LAN network equipment and topologies
Knowledge of communications systems in a network environment
Knowledge of Proxy servers and Web Filtering Systems
Knowledge of LDAP
Knowledge of process work flow through an Information Technology environment
Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
Excellent Communication and decision-making skills
Outstanding team player
Must have familiarity with Data Center network topologies
Must have the ability to think critically and solve complex issues
Ability to use tools for networking troubleshooting issues (Solarwinds & Cisco Prime)
Minimum of five (5) years of experience implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network communications infrastructure environments, 10 years preferred
- Provide 24-hour support for network infrastructure in an on-call rotation.
- Develop and maintain an on call rotation schedule.
- Responsible for the design, effective use, regular maintenance, and life cycle of the following;
- Network topology, subnets, firewall and router configurations, and other systems deemed to be critical
- Network communication hardware
- District local area and wide area network
- Work with other network engineers in support of network series/resources/components.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues using protocol analyzer tool.
- Evaluate, counsel and assist academic departments in the implementation of third-party vendor hardware and software.
- Be cognizant of specialized business hardware and applications used throughout the district.
- Test, evaluate and integrate new network environments and technologies.
- Design/install/support computer system policies.
- Provide advanced network infrastructure troubleshooting and health checks.
- Communicate with vendor support personnel to resolve hardware and software issues in timely manner.
- Assist Assistant Director in planning, developing, and maintaining Annual Budget.
- Provide training for network staff.
- Provide after-hour/weekend support for special projects or critical components.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Engineers, Administrators, Specialists, and Technicians as assigned by the Assistant Director