To maintain all door hardware at each of the district schools and support buildings.
High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Experience with installation and repair of commercial locks and closers.
Experience with various types of key equipment.
Minimum two (2) years; lock experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation, repair and maintenance of commercial lockable hardware such as automatic electric doors, windows, lockers and magnetic keying systems to ensure safety of facilities.
- Ability to work on electrical products including strikes, holders, card readers, mag locks, electric exit devices, etc.
- Ability to adjust door in frames.
- Ability to re-key locks and keep accurate key records.
- Ability to identify and repair locks, desks, file cabinets, lockers, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and workable manner.
- Ability to get along with others.
- Ability to adjust door closers.
- Ability to work on fire doors.
- Ability to ready blue prints.
- Ability to work on overhead doors.
- Willingness and ability to complete additional duties as assigned.
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals; standard cleaning tools and equipment; standard yard maintenance equipment; may use small hand tools and power tools; light truck or van
Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; may work in tiring and uncomfortable positions
Frequent walking; climbing stairs; ladders/scaffolding; regular grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
Regular moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds); occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds and over)
Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, noise, vibration; exposure to chemical and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
Maintain emotional control under stress