Manager Event Services
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience relevant to the position
Knowledge of customer service best practices
Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, with proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Ability to communicate effectively with clients, identify event/facility needs, and determine optimal solutions to their concerns
Proven ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly
Experience in crowd management staffing
Previous supervisory experience
Familiarity with OSHA requirements; knowledge of fire and public safety regulations, and relevant federal, state and local regulations
Ability to work a flexible schedule, include nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Proficient in use of work processing and spreadsheet software
A minimum of three years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Event Coordinating or related field preferred
Previous experience in an Arena or Convention Center setting preferred
- Utilizes event information from sales department and clients to coordinate all aspects of appropriate event services delivery.
- Consults with various users, promoters, convention representatives and others concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for assigned areas.
- Initiates a detailed event order or function sheet to be timely distributed to inform all staff, services providers, and clients of the operational details, services and logistics of each event.
- Establishes both short and long term guides on each event for staff and services providers for current and future reference.
- Implements and administers the customer services standards, all policies and procedures of the Curtis Culwell Center.
- Coordinates multiple event move in/out times and custodial services; oversees equipment availability and usage; coordinates other activities related to all events.
- Inspects facilities to ensure they are being maintained properly for events.
- Implements and administers the catering policies to ensure compliance and consistent and efficient delivery of event services.
- Recommends actions to the Director that are necessary to maximize customer satisfaction and encourage repeat business for center.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to independently analyze conditions and problems and take appropriate action.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment in a highly responsible position.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the public.
- Neat and professional in appearance and expression.
- Displays professionalism in dealing with students, parents, staff and facility users.
- Approaches problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Exerts a positive influence and works in harmony with associates.
- Responds to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
- Displays self-control and tact.
- Must display good attendance and is punctual.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Is mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Provides for the care and protection of school property.
- Manifests support for and compliance with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Curtis Culwell Center and Garland ISD.
- Follows Curtis Culwell Center policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Demonstrates an interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Supervises event coordinators, audio visual technicians, custodians and other facility staff during events.