Manager, Student Nutrition Services
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and appliances used in food preparation
Knowledge of food handler
Ability to manager personnel
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Math skills necessary to convert recipes and quantities of recipes
Ability to successfully complete the Garland ISD Student Nutrition Services eight week cafeteria manager training program
Ability to successfully pass and maintain a Serve Safe or equivalent certification
Experience in institutional food services operations
Food service management experience, preferred
- Develop work schedules, assign work to campus food service workers and oversee completion of duties.
- Maintain all serving schedules and serve all food items according to menu specifications defined by departmental policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with campus principal to accommodate temporary schedule changes and special serving requirements.
- Ability to fill in and perform all job functions for any position within the kitchen.
- Ability to cover other schools as needed.
Safety and Sanitation
- Ensure that food is produced safely and is of high quality according to policies, procedures and department requirements. Store and handle food items and supplies safely following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Enforce standards of cleanliness, health and safety.
- Operate tools and equipment tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health and safety.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly reports any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
- Ensure that appropriate quantities of food and supplies are available through daily orders and periodic inventories.
- Maintain a clean and organized storage area. Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Conduct regular physical equipment and supplies inventory.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records, and other documents including reports of daily and monthly financial, production and activity records as required by law.
- Review and submit accurate time and attendance records for payroll reporting purposes.
- Monitor the work and issue work assignments to campus food service workers. Work to resolve all personnel issues.