Montessori Instructional Specialist
Master’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with ESL endorsement
Montessori credential by a MACTE accredited Montessori center
Administrative certification preferred
Knowledge of and experience with Montessori curriculum and teaching strategies
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to interpret data
Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and campuses
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Montessori lead teacher grades Pre-K3-5
Administrative experience preferred
- Assist teachers in developing lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of Montessori program.
- Observe classroom instruction and provided assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement in teaching the Montessori curriculum.
- Provide staff development for Montessori teachers.
- Evaluate the Montessori program’s effectiveness based on evaluative findings and recommend changes as needed.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district and Montessori requirements.
- Align district curriculum and Montessori curriculum in PK-3 through 5th grade.
- Collaborate with content coordinators to ensure alignment to TEKS and district objectives.
- Assist with identifying appropriate instructional resources and materials to support the program.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Work with teachers to ensure that the classroom environment is conducive to learning and appropriate for Montessori model.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with departments, administrators, teachers, students, parents, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.