High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Knowledge of all types of paints, primers and industry coatings and how they are applied
Knowledge of paint equipment such as: airless spray rigs, striping machines, scaffolding systems, ladders, tape and bed tools, lift equipment (scissor, one man, drivable four wheeled units), power washers etc.
Ability to supervise large crews and projects.
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Ability to work evening shift 2:00 pm to 12:30 am.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience commercial or residential painting
Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a lead person or supervisor
- Oversee the painting work crews on a daily basis in the preparation and application of paints, primers and finishes to the interior and exterior of buildings in the Garland ISD.
- Oversee the safety of all workers, making sure that proper PP&E is being issued and used during work hours.
- Ability to complete painting projects meeting timelines and completion dates.
- Communicate with Principals, Administrators and staff about paint work at their campuses, job start dates, completion dates and quality of work being done.
- Communicate with work crews and fellow employees about on the job expectations.
- Ability to open and close work orders, keeping track of man hours, materials, purchase orders and P-Card purchases logged on each work order.
- Order materials on a daily basis, have materials in the shop and delivered to the job site for paint crews.
- Ability to estimate and give quotes for painting work and projects with timelines and completion dates.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.