High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Paralegal certification preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of legal terminology and principles
Demonstrated knowledge of the rules regulating paralegals
Draft contracts, leases, public bid and construction documents, and other legal documents involving purchases, sales insurance, employment, etc.
Mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint applications
Minimum four (4) years legal experience in either a law firm, in-house or school district required
- Gather information from various departments in preparation of contracts, and other legal documents, and review legal documents to ensure inclusion of necessary provisions.
- Draft contracts, leases, public bid and construction documents, and other legal documents involving purchases, sales, insurance employment, etc.
- Calculate and meet deadlines for cases.
- Perform cite checks and legal research, both manually and through use of electronic resources such as Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw.
- Draft legal documents and gather information, materials, documents, reports, and evidence, which is necessary to respond to discovery.
- May develop and maintain legal services database.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda of law, and other documents.
- Interpret and summarize depositions and other legal documents.
- Prepare litigation documents.
- Notarize affidavits and other documents as necessary.
- Respond to citizen, staff, and possibly parent inquiries and/or complaints.
- Professional communications both orally and in writing with outside counsel.
- Keep abreast of policies and procedures relating to the General Counsel.
- Calendar all relevant deadlines.
- Review and analyze Public Information Requests.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements.