Personalized Learning Coordinator (MIZ/RBL Grant Funded)
The Personalized Learning Coordinator will oversee and support the planning, delivery, and implementation of a sustainable, high-quality, personalized earning instructional model at the elementary and secondary levels. The coordinator will establish and oversee the implementation of focused, data-driven instruction to improve student achievement. The coordinator will also monitor and provide campus and district support for blended learning via workshops, coaching, and supervision of training.
- Master’s degree in Curriculum & Instruction or subject-related field
- Valid Texas Teacher Certification
- Strong knowledge of blended learning essentials, components, and best practices
- Deep understanding of balancing technology integration with instructional strategies and state standards
- Knowledge of best practices and developments in educational research and technologies
- Knowledge of best andrological strategies and practices for innovation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, reflecting a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt well to change, apply new solutions to rapidly-changing expectations, and Initiate work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data to scale district-wide implementation plans
- Understanding of federal compliance and budget management
- Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience as a K-12 educator
- Experience in designing and facilitating professional learning and/or training workshops at the district and campus levels and designing and creating professional development for personalized learning
- Experience managing digital environments, including hardware and software configuration on a variety of platforms and devices
- Coaching experience preferred
- Direct a cross-functional team to develop a comprehensive plan that formulates, develops, promotes, implements, and evaluates a high-quality and sustainable personalized learning (PL) initiative on a district scale.
- Coordinate and design a support framework to manage personalized campuses to ensure fidelity of personalized learning implementation campus-wide and district-wide.
- Work with curriculum coordinators and teachers to design a teacher-friendly and useful personalized learning curriculum.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and enhancement of PL opportunities for district and campus staff.
- Analyze data in order to monitor effectiveness, and recommend and implement changes and/or adjustments to eLearning initiatives.
- Prepare high-quality reports (e.g., timelines, status reports, implementation plans) and ensure timely submission to appropriate personnel.
- Plan for and facilitate PL leadership team meetings regularly.
- Coordinate site visits for personalized learning leadership team members to learn from exemplar campuses.
- Supervise and guide PL classroom observations and coaching of PL teachers at each site for elementary and secondary campuses.
- Meet with campus principals to promote administrative support for institutionalizing eLearning.
- Keep up to date with emerging research on eLearning and potential policy implications based on the proposed vision.
- Remains current in professional practices and developments, educational technologies, and research.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Develop and manage the project budget to ensure the appropriate use of funds to support project goals.
- Establish and manage the budget for the elementary and secondary blended learning programs.
- Comply with federal and state law policies, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
Standard office equipment, including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding, and use of a mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; maintain confidentiality