High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Texas State Journeyman Plumbing License required
Demonstrated ability to perform responsibilities under general supervision
Demonstrated knowledge of municipal plumbing codes
Demonstrated ability to use plumbing tools to install, repair, and maintain a wide range of plumbing fixtures and fittings
Must be able to pass the Asbestos physical and obtain certification within 90 days after the hire date
Minimum three (3) years’ experience commercial plumbing
- With proper training and continuing education, perform all functions in the plumbing craft using proper procedures and safety equipment.
- Required to identify and control hazardous working conditions and ensue all safety precautions have been taken before proceeding.
- Read and interpret blueprints and related drawings and perform the appropriate installation and repair procedures to minimize structural weakness.
- Locate and mark exposure positions of pipes, pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using various plumbing tools.
- Cut and thread pipes using various plumbing equipment; join pipes by using various plumbing materials or soldering.
- Test for various leaks using pressure gauges and leak detectors to determine whether system is leaking.
- Assemble and install plumbing fixtures and pipes of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Assemble and install valves, pipefittings and pipe composed of metals and non-metals using hand and power tools.
- Repair and maintain plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes and opening clogged drains.
- Repair plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, garbage disposal units, dishwashers and grease traps.
- Communicate effectively with department heads, principals and all other maintenance personnel in a professional manner. Communicate with immediate supervisor, in all phases of maintenance, the requirements necessary to locate, correct, repair and complete each job or project.
- Complete required documentation to include work orders, material requisitions, purchase orders and other related documents.
- Obtain and set up scaffolds, ladders and bucket extension to perform plumbing work in multi-story, high level buildings. Perform plumbing work in, about, and under each campus as necessary.
- Maintain district vehicle with periodic vehicle maintenance inspection, inform supervisor of any known problems with tools or vehicles in a timely manner and uses all tools in the manner for which they are intended. Follow district policy regarding proper disposal of scrap mental.
- Confirm to all district policies regarding vehicle operation and seat belt policy whether as a driver or passenger in a district vehicle. Notify supervisors of any accident or injury in a timely manner.
- Required to respond to all emergency call outs as assigned.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state, district and insurance regulations and train technicians on proper and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
- Ensure that established safety procedures are followed including lifting and climbing. Make sure that tools and equipment are operated and chemicals handled according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
- Evaluate and recommend plumber supplies and equipment to be used.
- Prepare, implement and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for plumber equipment. Ensure that maintenance is completed and equipment is in safe operating condition. Recommend replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
- Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records. Order tools, equipment and supplies as needed.
- No direct reports.