Bachelor’s Degree preferred with five years’ experience in construction project management, capital improvement planning, construction project management, general maintenance construction, contract administration and procurement of construction services within a K-12 education setting.
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Ability to communicate articulately in written and verbal form
Familiarity with mechanical and electrical design and installation criteria
Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Professional to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Familiarity with building codes and zoning ordinances
Effective planning and organizational skills
Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous construction projects
Manage construction schedules and budget
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in construction project management, general maintenance construction, contract administration, procurement of construction services within a K-12 educational setting
Minimum of five (5) years’ supervisory experience
- Manage and coordinate the construction activities of all contractors working for School Facilities
- Woks with Administrator of GISD School Facilities, Architects, Engineers and GISD Purchasing Department to develop, review and finalize project plans, drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Work collaboratively to serve as liaison between campus principals, architects, engineers, consultants and departments to develop, review and finalize project plans, drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Oversee on-site inspection of construction projects to verify conformance with construction documents and programs, including but not limited to, materials testing, overhead inspections, air-balancing, fire inspections and conformance to the GISD Technical Design Guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with district personnel and contractors to supervise warranty correction work, conduct walk-through inspection and make final warranty check prior to end of warranty periods.
- Verify compliance of final close-out procedures for the general contractors, engineers and contractors.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Supervises and manages the work of the Architectural and Engineering firm and Construction Contractor
- Provides guidance and direction to the Administrator of Construction Services