Project Manager Technology
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Technology, or other directly related field or
High School diploma with six (6) years’ experience in related field and three (3) years’ supervising staff
Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care focus
Excellent time management skills, able to plan/organize /complete work across multiple concurrent projects with various timeline constraints
Knowledge and experience in project management life cycles
Knowledge and experience in monitoring project progress and in quality assurances of deliverable and documentation
Knowledge of AVIT convergence
Knowledge of audio/visual systems and equipment including projection, flat panel displays, control systems, and integration of same
Knowledge of data network cabling and infrastructure design, installation or maintenance
Knowledge and experience in reading a standard architectural drawing
Ability to present to executive leadership teams and other high-level audiences
Proficient in all Microsoft tools to include Office and Project
Proficient in the use of applications of G-Suite (Google)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Demonstrated progressive experience in project management ranging from start-up pilot programs to large-scale technical projects
- Establish, implement, and manage an effective process for 1) identifying ICT implication for proposed bond construction and capital improvement projects, 2) creating a plan for the ICT components, 3) managing the plan through successful completion, while 4) ensuring project compliance with any all applicable rules and regulations, including E-Rate.
- Manage assigned project personnel to ensure successful completion of assigned tasks and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Develop/Manage General and Bond funded technology projects per defined budget, scope and timelines.
- Coordinate with various departments including the Bond Construction Office to ensure District standards are met and technology systems are installed per specification.
- Participate in coordination between various departments involved with facility improvement projects at the district’s campuses and ensure alignment with General and Bond funded technology projects.
- Develop, implement, and oversee plans and procedures for the installation and configuration of acquired technology.
- Research and prepare technical specifications (RFPs) for equipment and/or software to support Garland ISD teaching, learning, and support; serve on RFP review committees.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
- Prepare, and deliver weekly and monthly reports describing projects completed and updating progress against project plans.
- Lead meetings with project teams in project planning, execution, documentation, and project closure to ensure program integrity.
- Maintain documentation on assigned project plans, acquisition processes, execution documents, and project closeout deliverables.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal management, vendors, facility owners, General Contractors, and other trades involved in a project.
- Coordinate and cooperate with departments within and outside of Technology and Information Systems to ensure excellent customer services outcomes.
- Ensure all ICT projects, both internal and external, are executed in accordance with internal IT asset management policies.
- Periodically plan and conduct IT asset management activities, including audits of Administrative facility IT assets.
- Participate in developing and maintaining long-term strategies and replacement plans for District technology needs.
- Collaborate with organizational policy-makers to establish and enforce proper technology practices and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Continually work to improve customer services perception, delivery and satisfaction; driving a performance-based culture.
- Provide feedback to management for continuous improvement of technology deployments and day-to-day work flow.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises administrative technology support team; develop project specific work plans and supervise various internal and external teams; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.