Secretary to Director of Maintenance
High School Diploma or GED
TEA Paraprofessional Certification or eligible
Certified Educational Office Professional (CEOP) preferred
Proficient use of MS Office software applications
Oracle software application knowledge preferred
Possess aptitude and ability to utilize other software applications
Must possess highly effective professional communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills required
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Must possess strong organizational skills
Exhibit initiative in performing office functions
Ability to manage workload while maintaining critical deadlines
Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience
- Provide direct assistance and support to the Director of Maintenance.
- Maintain Director’s calendar, schedule meetings, and prepare materials for meetings.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, forms and similar materials for the Director and other administrators within the department.
- Assist and support the Assistant Directors and Managers within the department with appointments, scheduling meetings, materials preparation, and other secretarial tasks.
- Arrange travel for Director and other administrative staff, and prepare travel reimbursement documents.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents associated with department operations.
- Utilize multiple software applications to perform daily business operations.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, schedule meetings or take reliable messages and route to appropriate staff.
- Schedule job interview and prepare packets for use by the interview committee, compile final interview scores to submit for approval signatures, and forward for processing through HR.
- Maintain weekly after-hours call out list and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Manage professional memberships for the Director and other administrative staff.
- Assist in the preparation/updating of job descriptions and organization charts for the department.
- Manage scheduling calendar for use of department conference room.
- Distribute A901 email to the department.
- Attend professional development courses/training for continued personal and professional growth.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of information handled within the department.
- Display professionalism in dealing with staff, vendors and community members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.