Secretary to Director of Security
High School diploma or GED
Computer experience – MS Office, Oracle, Google, MS Outlook
Administrative experience in an educational setting
Certified Educational Office Professional (CEOP)
Ability to utilize Microsoft Office products to manage multiple databases
Ability to work within the district’s software applications
Ability to track multiple projects
Ability to track multiple filing systems (hard files/e-files)
Ability to be detailed and deadline driven
Ability to communicate effectively with diverse and sometimes irate individuals and to handle calmly and
efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergency situations
Ability to work in a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Ability to exercise judgment in decision-making
Minimum of four (4) years of secretarial experience
- Provide direct assistance and support to the director in the completion of daily tasks.
- Assist in maintaining the department budget by routinely auditing and reporting anomalies to the director.
- Review and audit weekly employee time sheets through the district timekeeping software; report anomalies to the director.
- Provide daily operational support to department personnel by procuring all necessary parts and services to maintain department operations.
- Monitor and collaborate scheduling for department leadership, staff training, and district-related security meetings.
- Complete work-related documentation in accordance with district processes and policy.
- Provide support to campus staff as needed to improve operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.