High school diploma or GED
Security experience in a school district or education environment
Military Veteran with Honorable Discharge
Law Enforcement and/or Security experience
Valid Texas Class C driver license and prove insurability to operate district vehicles
Aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
Ability to work under pressure in emergencies
Ability to communicate via short-wave radio with security officers, administrative staff and local law enforcement
Basic knowledge of security processes and procedures
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Ability to work within a diverse culture
Ability to serve as a role model for all district employees by exhibiting behavior that is ethical, courteous and responsible
Three (3) years of experience in security
- Monitor all properties, alarms and telephone systems on a continual basis.
- Work closely with staff, students, families, community members and local law enforcement to provide assistance as needed.
- Provide asset protection by patrolling school property, including physical property checks as needed and monitoring premises for the presence of non-district persons.
- Manage security needs to include emergency management matters.
- Provide metal detection and site-based security for athletic and other district events.
- Provide emergency management training for students and staff; assist with campus drills and exercises as requested by campus staff.
- Use the department software to log all activities.
- Maintain and clean district vehicle for each shift.
- Maintain professional standards of conduct in dealing with students, staff and community guests.
- Practice high standards of safety at all times.
- Assist with any security issues as directed by the director of security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.