Senior Manager MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing)
This position is responsible for managing the HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing supervisors and technicians as they maintain the equipment at the district schools and support buildings. This is a multifunction position. While the primary focus is on preventative maintenance of heating and air conditioning, this position is frequently required to supervise tradespeople of other crafts and direct, monitor, and approve the actions, performance, and contractors and vendors as they work for Garland ISD. Involved with the day-to-day strategic planning and monitoring of department budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC OR
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of ten (10) years of commercial HVAC, Electrical, or Plumbing experience
- Clear and valid Texas Driver’s License
- TDLR Contractors Class A or B License and Universal CFC License required or must be obtained within six (6) months upon hire
- Knowledge of water treatment and boiler controls
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of local and state laws
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC with a Bachelor’s degree OR
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in commercial HVAC, Electrical, or Plumbing with a High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Develops, coordinates, establishes and executes HVAC schedule to ensure services or repairs on a frequency necessary to maintain Garland ISD’s investment to quality standards and reliability, emphasizing safety.
- Organizes, trains, leads, schedules, and supervises HVAC, electrical, and plumbing crews to carry out tasks with a high level of craftsmanship.
- Evaluates available heating and air conditioning, electrical, and plumbing products, and standardize products and hardware to achieve economy.
- Submits Purchase Requisitions by established HVAC, electrical, and plumbing schedules to ensure the ready availability of materials, supplies, and equipment required.
- Responsible for coordinating special projects with outside HVAC, electrical, and plumbing contractors.
- Determine and monitor stock inventory levels, which pertain to the HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing departments.
- Maintain and submit reports of all person-hours and materials utilized to perform the district's HVAC, electrical, and plumbing functions.
- Monitor and evaluate the PM schedule on all HVAC equipment.
- Experience procuring parts and total package units.
- Expertise in dealing with controls and wiring.
- Emergency response on-call manager 24-7 and 1st responder
- Will perform duties as the interim Assistance Director in the absence of his direct supervisor
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
Supervise the activities of the HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing shops and the trade personnel.
Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard cleaning tools and equipment; standard yard maintenance equipment, may use small hand tools and power tools; light truck or van.
Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; may work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of a mouse; regular walking, climbing ladders and scaffolding; grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; everyday driving
Regular moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds); occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds and over).
Work outside and inside on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, noise, vibration; exposure to chemical and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel.
Maintain emotional control under stress