Senior Oracle Application Developer
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science or other directly related field
Oracle EBS or related certification(s) preferred
Excellent understanding of business flows, underlying technical architecture and data models of Oracle EBS (r12.1, r12.2) for one or more of the application areas (HCM, Financials, Projects, Purchasing)
Demonstrated experience in leading full scope solutions delivery through analysis, design and development of integrations, extensions, user interfaces, reports and workflows with Oracle technology tools such as Oracle Forms/Reports, BI Publisher, OBIEE, Oracle Workflow, JDeveloper, Application Express (APEX), and other relevant technologies
Advanced SQL and PL/SQL based programming, tuning, and debugging skills for creating and maintaining large or complex custom applications, data conversions, and interfaces with Oracle EBS modules
Experienced Oracle EBS developer in a Unix or Linux environment, including shell scripting
Experienced with Oracle Applications Object Library (AOL) and use of EBS APIs
Experienced with full cycle SDLC or Agile methodologies, with a focus on quality, development standards, and change control
Data modeling experience
Experienced in leading teams and mentoring less experienced developers
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
Excellent team collaboration skills
Minimum eight (8) years’ experience with Oracle ERP (required)
Minimum five (5) years’ experience as an Oracle Application Developer or equivalent role in implementation, upgrade or customization of Oracle e-Business Suite applications (required)
Minimum five (5) years; experience in one or more Oracle EBS applications of Financials, Procurement, Projects, or HCM (preferred)
Experience with a Public Sector school system (preferred)
- Serve as complement and direct backup to Business Analyst(s) in one or more EBS applications.
- Serve as a resource and mentor for less experienced developers on the team and assist with task identification, scheduling, and delegation.
- Collaborate with business analysts, often liaising directly with business users and other developers, eliciting requirements and conceptualizing the development of new technical solutions.
- Evaluate requirements from functional specifications and create process flows and detailed technical design specifications; on occasion may create/enhance functional specifications.
- Design, develop, debug, test, deploy and maintain technical objects in production environments, e.g., Customizations, Extensions, Modifications, Localizations and Integrations (CEMLIs), using tools such as Oracle Forms/Reports, Workflow Developer, OBIEE, JDeveloper, SQL/PL-SQL, Java, and Oracle Application Express (APEX) programming.
- Fulfill complex analysis and reporting requests through adhoc SQL reporting.
- Assists in creating and enhancing internal SDLC methodology documents or other operational documentation and architecture diagrams.
- Provide technical and functional support on Oracle EBS modules.
- Implement technical configuration changes associated with all change/enhancement requests.
- Coordinate work efforts with DBA and development teams for application change controls and system performance issues.
- Proactively work with Oracle support to resolve technical and application related issues.
- Provide post-productive support for all deployed modules in responsible area(s).
- Assist with the development of operational and BI reporting requirements.
- Support the development of training materials and assist when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.