Senior Production Manager
High school diploma or GED
Proficient skills and knowledge in all areas of print production
Ability to run and do minor repairs on all production machines
Ability to maintain an efficient print production schedule set by Coordinator
Effective interpersonal skills
Five (5) years’ supervisory experience
- Manage print production to ensure the shortest turnaround time.
- Confirm all employees in all area of production, offering opportunities for development and advancement.
- Cross train employees in all areas of production, offering opportunities for development and advancement.
- Monitor inventory to ensure a minimum of delivery delays.
- Help in determining staffing requirements, interview, and hire new employees.
- Assist in the production of foil, embossing and die cutting.
- Ability to detect mechanical malfunction in printing equipment.
- Ability to correctly identify the various color of ink and paper.
- Ability to accomplish print work while under pressure generated by exacting production schedules.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instruction.
- Have the experience in the operation and maintenance of offset and other duplicating equipment and training.
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques and equipment used in offset and foil presses.
- Ability to run clean clear consistent attractive printed jobs.
- General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use following programs Acrobat, InDesign, MS Excel, MS Word, etc.
- Installation of various products produced in-house such as bus advertisements etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees all areas of the production floor of Printing Services, administering direction to employees in the most efficient and practical ways possible, with consideration to the various skill levels, experience and abilities of available employees.