Special Education Secretary
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and projects in order to meet timelines
Ability to handle day-to-day disruptions and requirements as necessary with a positive attitude
Ability to multi-task
Ability to answer multi-line phone system
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to operate Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
One to three years secretarial experience, preferably in public education environment
Data processing skills preferred
Multi-line phone system experience
Customer service experience
- Maintain professional decorum and protect confidentiality of all staff, parents, and students.
- Adhere to time schedule for completing projects.
- Facilitate friendly, comfortable working environment.
- Copy, file, and distribute records.
- Follow good business practices, and provide detailed, accurate work.
- Process purchase orders.
- Facilitate the process of attending workshops.
- Help prepare for staff meetings (e.g., making copies, securing room, notifying attendees, etc.).
- Maintain professional relationships with staff members and administrators.
- Maintain appropriate business hours, professional dress, language, behavior, and work area.
- Maintain office machines, and order supplies as needed.
- Answer phone with professional, positive tone. Route calls or take messages as appropriate.
- Maintain/update job descriptions and evaluation forms.
- The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the application job function and pay grade.