Student Support Program Specialist
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of strategies and materials for the remediation and enrichment of all students
Ability to interpret data
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Minimum three years successful teaching experience
Preference given to candidates with:
Resume that evidences summer school experience
Successful experience collaborating with administrative personnel
Experience with curriculum development
- Collaborate with the Student Success Coordinator and other district departments to ensure alignment for all summer school programs.
- Support credit recovery and cycle recovery programs on high school campuses.
- Support for Fall Mini, Spring Free, and Jumpstart programs at secondary campuses.
- Generate reports and communicate data regarding cycle and credit recovery programs to campus staff at all secondary campuses.
- Support campuses to ensure SSI requirements are met and paperwork is accurate.
- Support development, organization, and management of Camp GISD and Summer Enrichment Programs.
- Support in development and management of an online Summer Program catalog.
- Coordinate ordering, delivery and inventory of supplies needed for all summer programs.
- Assist with curriculum development for Math and Reading SSI summer programs.
- Provide training and support for campuses for online courseware system.
- Collaborate with summer school administrators to organize SSI Summer School folder exchange process.
Budget and Inventory
- Assist with the selection and purchase of supplemental equipment and supplies for Student Success programs.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.