Bachelor’s Degree in a directly related field preferred
Texas Department of Health Asbestos licensing in the field of Consulting, Inspecting, Management Planner or Project Planner
Environmental Certifications and/or License in two or more of the following areas: Indoor Air Quality, Mold Assessment, Asbestos Inspector, Asbestos Management Planner, Registered Environmental Manager, or HAZMAT
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Demonstrated knowledge of the practices of building trades including electrical, plumbing, structural, and HVA
Demonstrated knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental regulations, practices, and requirements as it relates to SWP³, IAQ, and hazardous waste management and reporting
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and field sketches
Demonstrated project management skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to represent Garland ISD internally and externally
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Spanish is a plus
Five (5) years’ of experience in the Environmental Consulting industry
- Design and implementation of Environmental compliance functions that will support GISD’s strong commitment to excellence in environmental compliance.
- Communicate and integrate cross-functionally with other operational departments and agencies to establish district-wide improvements in environmental compliance, training, awareness, and competency.
- Provide environmental compliance and management expertise to departments, including training, regulatory tracking processes and best management practices, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement effective and appropriate reporting and disclosure processes. Develop and implement appropriate environmental auditing and assurance processes.
- Develop and implement assurance systems and policies that effectively manage and control environmental hazards/risks.
- Lead and design implementation of district-wide Environmental Management Information System.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Environmental Management – influencing and mentoring operating departments regarding policies and standards.
- Provide risk assessment and mitigation activities for departments, schools, and other district facilities by visiting district sites and monitoring maintenance operations.
- Provide proactive support on regulatory compliance issues, initiatives, and enforcement proceedings.
- Assist in developing and implementing effective processes for tracking legislative/regulatory changes.
- Facilitate development of response/mitigation actions.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to ensure identification of qualified external vendors to assist with development of systems to minimize risk that arise.
- Assist in identification of root cause analysis following a significant compliance failure and development of proactive corrective measures to ensure future compliance.
- Develop and implement auditing and assurance standards and protocol.
- Establish key performance indicators and performance objectives for staff.
- Act as primary department contact for response to emergency calls from facilities throughout the district, channeling concerns to appropriate divisions, and following up with project status and resolution.
- Ability to influence decision making at the senior level.
- Manage maintenance plans, capital improvement activities, and maintain preventative maintenance programs for buildings, grounds, and equipment. Manage major maintenance to meet timelines, specifications, and budgets.
- Assist the Coordinator, Maintenance Business Operations and the Administrator, Construction and Environmental Services with preparing and administering the annual budget, analyze and review budgetary and financial data, and monitor/authorize expenditures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Supervises contractors.