Supervisor, Human Resources Student Nutrition Services
Associate’s Degree in related field or
Associate’s Degree in another field with experience in human resources
Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferred or
Bachelor’s Degree in another field with experience in human resources
Serve Safe Certified
Knowledge of Kronos Workforce to ensure time management of both biweekly and monthly employees
Knowledge of Kronos Biometric System to enroll new employees and trouble shoot issues as they arise
Knowledge of payroll as it pertains to the assignment
Knowledge of Oracle including self-service and employee management (terms)
Knowledge of requisitions/PARS and iExpense.
Proficient in Outlook and MS Office
Knowledge of benefit procedures to ensure employees are able to successfully enroll in all benefits
Knowledge of worker’s compensation laws according to the assignment
Knowledge of FLSA to ensure the department is in accordance with these laws at all times
Knowledge of TWC guidelines to ensure the department is in accordance with these regulations at all times. Reply to employee claims including sending documents to TWC as necessary.
Knowledge of personnel information storage including maintaining personnel/medical files on all employees in the department
Knowledge of food service management and food handling
Demonstrated ability to organize the uniform distribution, inventory and replacement
Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information as necessary
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in recruiting, orienting and training new employees in a food service environment
- Oversee Kronos Workforce (time management) for all employee making sure time is entered correct, making changes to employee records, including schedules, accruals and maintain programs within the database.
- Run reports within the Kronos Workforce when necessary.
- Approve payroll for both biweekly and monthly employees including checking the SCA Base Pay Forecast to make sure hours are correct to be paid.
- Oversee biometric system for department, traveling to schools as necessary to enroll employees and correct issues that may arise.
- Enter travel in Oracle iExpense for all kitchen management.
- Oversee Oracle Self-Service for all employees, making changes to employee’s information as needed and requested by employee.
- Oversee historical human resource records by maintaining a filing system, keeping past and current records.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements by preparing, updating and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Update personnel records including making changes using Oracle Requisitions/PARS when necessary to individual employees.
- Maintain kitchen staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and assigning employees to appropriate locations.
- Work with risk management on worker’s compensation cases regarding all department employees, from preparing reports, putting people back to work, working with physician restrictions and sending reports to risk management as necessary.
- Safety leader for department, responsible for promoting the safety program and attending safety meetings as necessary.
- Oversee employee verifications, completing verifications and letters when necessary.
- Oversee SNS employee benefit enrollment process.
- Answer questions from employees regarding their payroll checks.
- Manage uniform distribution/inventory by managing budget and ordering more product when necessary.
- Assist assistant director of operations with routine clerical duties.
- Support assistant director of operations in making personnel changes and other aspects related to human resources.
- Assist in kitchens when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned staff.