High School Diploma or GED
College degree preferred/appropriate trade school or work experience may substitute for college degree
Registered Locksmith certification required
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Strong computer skills
Good written and oral communication skills
Good working knowledge of the International Building Code and building codes for the cities of Garland, Rowlett and Sachse
Must exhibit the ability to work positively and cooperatively with co-workers at all levels
Knowledge of panic door devices, door checks, locksmith tools, key code systems, door hardware specifications, safety procedures and ADA requirements
Minimum five (5) years’ of experience as a locksmith, including at least two years as a Registered Locksmith
- Supervise the installation, repair and maintenance of commercial lockable hardware such as automatic electric doors, windows, lockers and magnetic keying systems to ensure safety of facilities.
- Assigns and supervises the work of locksmiths, inspects work during progress and upon completion.
- Requisitions, receives, inspects and stores equipment and supplies.
- Devises and adjusts master key systems and installs and maintains all types of locking devices.
- Ability to estimate materials costs.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports and detailed key code records.
- Ability to make new keys; replace broken or lost keys.
- Ability to design and maintain master key system.
- Ability to implement and maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Monitors work done by outside contractors.
- Supervises the activities of the locksmith shop and the locksmith trade personnel.