Tax Clerk II
High school diploma or GED
Certified Education Office Professional (CEOP) preferred
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Bookkeeping experience at clerical level preferred
Banking experience at clerical level preferred
- Process all tax payment transactions and post deposits.
- Receive and process refunds from tax exemptions.
- Input tax data.
Records and Reports
- Assist with the preparation of annual tax rolls.
- Prepare and send tax statements, notices, and receipts as directed.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Assist taxpayers, officials, and other members of the public. Maintain effective rapport with general public and handle any problems or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Prepare correspondence, memorandums, forms, manuals, requisitions, reports, and presentation for the tax assessor/collector.
- Answer incoming calls, take messages, and route them to the proper party. Handle questions and requests that fall within level responsibility.