Technical Analyst – Data and Administrative Systems
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or work experience
Extensive knowledge about student information system components, including teacher gradebook, grading and reporting, scheduling, etc.
Ability to manage student information systems (SIS)
Ability to provide technical support for paraprofessional and professional staff using the student information system components
Knowledge of SIS as well as the associated internal and external tools
Evidence of ability to learn new tools working with SIS
Working knowledge of database query logic (SQL)
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Learn and understand data and reporting requirements as determined by local, state, or federal needs.
- Use appropriate tool as needed for project needs. Tools may include Data Mining, SkyBuild, Crystal Reports, FlySpeed, Custom Forms, or Dataconnect.
- Determine security concerns for data when involved with entry, reporting, or extraction of data. Include appropriate security measures with the processes.
- Provide support to users for assigned systems within the Student Information System as well as assigned third party packages. Assist users with investigating any data abnormalities.
- Ability to work within project guidelines and time constraints.
- Identify necessary utilities and develop scheduled tasks using these utilities to maintain and support the system. Manage and review these utilities to ensure they continue to meet their intended purpose.
- Use SkyCoder when appropriate to customize Skyward screens.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area of information management and technology.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of innovations in student information systems and the related components.