Title I Secondary Interventionist - Math
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of best practice strategies
Ability to interpret data
Ability to communicate effectively with parents and students
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Three (3) years’ experience as a secondary teacher
Instructional and Program Management
- Utilize student data to help teachers identify and group students who need additional support.
- Design intervention plan and monitor progress for students who are struggling.
- Plan and deliver instruction to identified students in the classroom, in small group or one-on-one as needed to help students meet learning goals.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records of student work and progress toward mastery of skills identified in intervention plan.
- Maintain open and consistent communication about student progress, concerns and achievement with families and the school community.
- Consult with teachers to develop appropriate strategies for addressing the needs of students.
- Serve as a resource for classroom teachers with strategies, plans and materials.
- Participate in training through the intervention department.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.