To ensure the safe and efficient transportation of students through proper evaluation/recommendation of bus driver and bus aide candidates; maintain compliance of all transportation licensures, certification and training records mandated by law, district policy and administrative procedures.
High school diploma or GED
Certified Education Office Professional (C.E.O.P.)
Notary Public for Dallas County or eligible for commission
Must exhibit ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with good judgment
GISD Computer programs including: MS Office applications, online application system, Outlook, Oracle and network environment knowledge highly preferred
Must possess ability to review departmental policies and procedures outlined in the Transportation Employee handbook, assisting with updates, as needed
Must possess highly effective and pleasant communication skills in order to communicate with staff and public in a positive and professional manner
Must be able to positively interact with all levels of school employees and to work positively and cooperatively with co-workers
Strong interpersonal skills required
Must be able to positively represent the school district
Must possess strong organizational skills and general clerical skills
Must exhibit initiative in performing routine office functions
Must be able to handle heavy workload in fast-paced office with critical deadlines
Must be detail oriented and a quick learner
Must be flexible and adaptable under pressure
Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an administrative secretary or assistant
Interviewing experience required
- Process all application employee records for transportation employees
- Maintain and review all transcripts, service records and other required personnel/transportation records and forms on assigned applicants.
- Request and process Texas Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Process and manage drug and alcohol clearing house registration.
- Process Personnel Action Request (PAR) for new hires and changes for existing employees.
- Displays professionalism in dealing with students, parents, staff and community.
- Approaches problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Exerts a positive solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Responds to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
- Displays self-control and tact.
- Is punctual.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Is mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Provides for the care and protection of school property.
- Manifests support for and compliance with the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Garland ISD.
- Follows district policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Demonstrates an interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Adheres to established departmental policies and training procedures.
- Exercises responsibility in preparation of new hire documentation.
- Gives fair and concise observations on all drivers.
- Completes clerical duties in a timely manner.
- Provides complete and accurate accident reports to the proper authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assists in all special projects as assigned.
Standard office equipment such as personal computers and peripherals, radio, and communication equipment
Prolonged sitting, occasional bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Work is performed in an office setting; may require occasional irregular and/or prolonged hours
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions