High School Diploma or GED
Valid TEA Certificate, preferred
Knowledge of MS Office, preferred
Knowledge of district boundaries
Strong organizational and general clerical skills
Minimum of one (1) year experience as a TEA certified office secretary
- Monitor incoming phone calls.
- Direct phone calls to appropriate staff.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Monitor the front door, greet and direct visitors accordingly.
- Display professionalism in dealing with students, parents, staff and community.
- Exert a positive influence and work in harmony with associates.
- Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Must be mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Follow district policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Seek professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Demonstrate efficient and accurate work.
- Show initiative in assuming responsibility for routine office duties.
- Use good judgment regarding confidential records and reports.
- Assist the office manager with personnel records.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.