Ensure the safe and efficient transportation of students and employees by assisting in the operations and management functions of the department.
High school diploma or GED
Strong organizational ability, detail-oriented
Certified education Office Personnel (CEOP)
Strong math and accounting aptitude
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Leadership abilities, extensive computer skills, and people skills
Minimum five (5) years clerical experience
Knowledge of financial accounting and budgeting procedures
Two (2) years financial accounting and budget experience
Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Coordinate and maintain the department budget.
- Monitor departmental spending and proactively notify the director of changes to the department’s financial status.
- Assist the Transportation Director in departmental budget preparation.
- Prepare analyses and financial projections to assist the director in understanding the ongoing budget status of the department.
- Support the Assistant Director Fleet in planning and purchasing of the white and school bus fleets.
- Coordinate effectively with other GISD departments including Budgeting, Position Control, and Purchasing.
- Show initiative in assuming responsibility for routine office duties and ordering office supplies.
- Assist in coordinating department purchasing.
- Support the Service Writer in Fleet Maintenance in purchasing maintenance parts and services.
- Assist in the maintenance of the department inventory in conjunction with the districts fixed assess system.
- Demonstrate tact and professionalism in communications with all GISD employees.
- Assist in all special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned in an efficient and timely manner.
Standard office equipment such as personal computers and peripherals; multiple phone system
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasional bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, and twisting
Continual sitting and reaching; repetitive hand and arm motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Desk and office in the administrative office
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress