Warehouse Receiving Validator
High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas Driver’s License
Must possess/obtain a valid CDL License
Current Food Handlers Certification
Demonstrated understanding of school food service operation
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
Demonstrated warehouse organization skills
Demonstrated clerical skills
Demonstrated understanding of food safety guidelines
Ability to operate various types of office equipment
Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
Ability to perform basic math functions
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Possess a safe driving record
Physically able to perform job functions
Two (2) years of warehouse experience
Receiving and Delivery
- Coordinate delivery schedules with purchasing supervisor and delivery drivers.
- Inspect all incoming shipments; match trip tickets and invoices with district purchase orders.
- Maintain receiving logs for all products.
- Notify appropriate staff of shortages and or back orders.
- Transfer overstock to remote freezer warehouse. Maintain accurate inventory counts of all remotely held products.
- Provide customer service to each school cafeteria by accurately puling the requested items from the warehouse pick slips.
- Display professionalism in dealing with managers, staff, teachers, students and or parents that may be present.
- Approach problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Exert a positive influence and work in harmony with associates.
- Displays self-control and tact.
- Is punctual and displays acceptable attendance.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Pull product stock carefully from pick slips to ensure that orders are complete and inventory is maintained accurately.
- Accurately perform daily cycle counts as well as yearly inventories.
- Insure that all products are safe guarded against biohazards during loading, transport and unloading.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques while performing job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Operate all safety and fire prevention equipment within the warehouse as prescribed by local code and/or school policy.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain storage areas, loading and unloading docks.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of lift equipment and delivery trucks.
- Secure warehouse locations by locking doors and coolers. Communicate with security regarding irregular access to the facility.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- May assist in training new staff if applicable. Cover for warehouse supervisor in their absence.