Web Services Coordinator
Bachelors’ degree in website design and development, communications, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Understanding of web best practices, user experience, and information architecture
Experience with a variety of content management systems
Experience in delivering and managing training for web content contributors
Strong technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in the following technologies: HTML, CSS and website design tools
Experience with graphic design creation/editing tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
Minimum five (5) years of experience managing the design and development of websites
- Lead the Web team to plan, design, implement and maintain the district’s websites, including schools, district, and intranet.
- Develop modifications or enhancements to existing web-based programs to meet customer needs or system design changes.
- Implement content management strategies.
- Work with senior management on appropriate business models for new web projects.
- Manage projects, including allocation of resources and timelines and reporting on status to management.
- Document and communicate district standards for website design and development.
- Provide instruction when needed for proper use of all web applications by employees.
- Design, edit, develop and maintain district websites.
- Follow purchasing guidelines to acquire and secure vendor products and services to support Web Services operations.
- Develop and administer the department budget based on documented needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Comply with federal and state laws related to website accessibility, copyright, and student privacy for district campus websites.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law and the Texas Education Agency for required web postings.
- Motivate and mentor team members to grow individual skill sets and foster growth of Web Services team as a whole.
- Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of the members of web services staff.