Workers' Compensation Specialist
Good oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of workers’ compensation laws and procedures
Ability to present and teach worker’s compensation rules/regulations to district employees
Ability to present safety programs to employees in an effective manner
Ability to track claim information, expenses
Two to five (2-5) years’ experience successfully adjusting claims, or other relevant safety experience
- Effectively communicate, coordinate, and meet with doctors, employees, adjusters, supervisors, and urgent care providers.
- Coordinate information and claims with the insurance companies and third party administrators.
- Investigate injuries and coordinate visits with injured employees.
- Coordinate and control litigation on claims with attorneys and insurance carriers.
- Assist with safety programs.
- Process first report of injury forms, wage statements, and supplemental injury forms.
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations of the of the Texas Workers’ Compensation program.
- Represent the district at official hearings and legal forums.
- Exercise independent judgment in decisions that affect employee health, safety, and welfare.
- Monitor approximately 360 claimants and their work comp claims on a day-to-day basis.