Requirements for student teaching & campus internships
Step 1: The EPP must make a formal request
- The contact for the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) must contact Dr. Kishawna Wiggins to make a formal request by completing and submitting the following form. If a student applies from the EPP and is not on the list, their application will not be processed.
Step 2: Complete the Garland ISD online application
- All students/interns must complete the GISD Student Teacher Online Application.
Step 3: Fingerprint-based background check
- Complete the fingerprint-based background check form.
- Students will receive an email from IDENTOGO (firstname.lastname@example.org) with appointment scheduling instructions.
- If the student does not receive this email within 3 days and has checked spam filters, please email Dr. Kishawna Wiggins.
Step 4: ID Badge process
- Please email your headshot to Dr. Kishawna Wiggins. This photo must be:
- taken with a solid background
- full-face view, nothing below shoulders
- professional-looking (but can be taken yourself)
Step 5: Student-Teacher placement & orientation
- Preferences and special requests are honored based on availability.
- If a placement is made, students must attend a mandatory orientation.