To promote the safety of students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, Garland ISD is offering a one-time stipend to district employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Participation is voluntary and based on employees’ personal preferences. We will give:
- $500 to district employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- $250 extra to district employees who receive the COVID-19 booster
The information provided will help the district calculate how many employees are fully vaccinated and facilitate the contact tracing and quarantine processes, which are different depending on vaccination status.
How to qualify
COVID-19 Initial vaccines
Staff must be employed by Garland ISD on the published payroll date to receive payment. Once proof of vaccination is submitted, the stipend amount(s) will be included in the employee’s regular paycheck. Vaccine stipends will be paid to eligible employees based on date:
- Accepted submissions on or before October 15, 2021, will be paid in December 2021
- Accepted submission on or after October 16, 2021 and on or before Dec. 15, will be paid in February 2022
To receive the vaccine stipend, district employees need to complete the stipend forms and submit proof of vaccination (see instructions below). The deadline for the normal vaccine stipend is by December 15, 2021.
Anyone who is initially immunized by December 15, 2021 is eligible for the booster stipend. The deadline for the booster verification has not been determined, as guidance is continuing to evolve from the CDC. If you received a COVID-19 booster vaccination prior to August 2021, you will also need to submit additional proof of the COVID-19 booster.
Providing proof of vaccination/booster
- Click on the Vaccination Stipend Form link below. (Android users accessing this via Facebook may need to view this page in a separate browser to avoid issues with completing the form.)
- Sign in using your district employee number and your date of birth
- Fill out the required information
- Upload an image of the proof of vaccination (card, IMMTrac2, document from medical provider)
- If you have obtained the booster, upload an image of the proof of the booster (card, IMMTrac2, document from medical provider)
- Submit the form
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)Expand All
Who can participate in the vaccine and booster stipend?
- All full-time and part-time GISD employees who are fully vaccinated and choose to share proof of vaccination using the form are eligible.
- All full-time and part-time GISD employees who choose to get the booster and choose to share proof of the booster are eligible.
Are substitutes eligible for the vaccine and booster stipends?
No. At this time, only full-time and part-time Garland ISD employees are eligible to participate in the stipend program.
What if I don’t want to get the vaccine, or get the booster after getting the vaccine?
Receiving the vaccine and participating in the vaccine stipend program is voluntary. Also, an employee who has the vaccine and participates in the booster stipend program is voluntary.
Only employees who voluntarily submit proof of being fully vaccinated will be eligible for the $500.00 stipend (deadline December 15, 2021). In addition, only vaccinated employees who voluntarily submit proof of receiving the booster will be eligible for the additional $250.00 booster stipend (The deadline for this submission will be communicated at a later date and based on evolving guidance from the CDC).
How will the district use the information I submit through the form?
Garland ISD will use the documents submitted to confirm that the employees are fully vaccinated and process the vaccination stipend. If an employee has received the booster too, then Garland ISD will use the documents submitted to confirm the employees have received the booster and process the booster stipend. The documents submitted as proof of vaccination, and proof of booster if submitted too, will be kept safe and not shared with anyone within or outside the District.
The District will also use the data obtained to facilitate contact tracing and quarantine processes, which are different depending on vaccination status.
How will I know I received the stipend?
The stipend will be marked on the employee’s statement of earnings as a one-time payment for VAX Stipend, and BOS Stipend for the one-time payment.
Can I still participate if I haven’t been vaccinated yet, or received the booster yet?
The opportunity to receive the vaccine stipend will be available until December 15, 2021. The deadline for the booster verification will allow for anyone who is initially immunized by December 15, 2021, to be eligible for the booster stipend, as guidance is continuing to evolve from the CDC.
What if I only received one vaccination shot?
If you have only received the first shot for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, then you have until December 15th to get the second shot and submit proof that you are fully vaccinated. If you have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, then you are fully vaccinated.
The deadline for the booster verification will allow for anyone who is initially immunized by December 15, 2021, to be eligible for the booster stipend, as guidance is continuing to evolve from the CDC.