Canvas is Garland ISD’s official learning management system that supports teaching and learning by connecting all our digital tools in one place, providing students with more personalized, engaging, and collaborative learning opportunities.
How do I access Canvas as a parent/observer/caregiver?
NOTE: Canvas uses the term "observer" to refer to parents, guardians, caregivers or others that have rights to access a student's information in the system.
Canvas Parent app
- School name for the app is Garlandisd (all one word).
- Get the Canvas Parent app for iOs.
- Get the Canvas Parent app for Android.
Where do I get my child’s Pairing Code?
Have your child log in to their Canvas account and follow the steps listed in the link below to generate a pairing code for you.
Common questions families have about Canvas
- How do I connect with my child’s class?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer?
- How do I navigate a Canvas course as an observer?
- How do I view the Grades page for a student as an observer?
- How do I get help with Canvas as an observer?