You can get a record of your information from Garland ISD through the form of a transcript. Official transcripts can be used to apply for jobs and are a necessity for applying to college.
Please note that student files expire. With an enrollment of over 50,000 students, it is not practical to maintain student files indefinitely. Because of this, student records and special education service records will expire five years after a student withdraws or graduates. This includes cumulative folders, paper transcripts, and other records. However, digital copies of transcripts will be retained for future use.
Share records with GreenLight
GreenLight allows for academic records to be shared and accessed securely, instantly, anytime and anywhere. This can be used to provide student records for:
- student transfers
- undergraduate and graduate admissions
- military enrollment
- job applications
Requesting a transcriptExpand All
Records needed for DACA
If you attended or graduated from a Garland ISD school after 2017, contact the last GISD campus attended. Those records are maintained on campus.
If you attended or graduated from a Garland ISD school in 2017 or before: Complete this Google form bit.ly/RecordsGISD.
- If the student is over 18 only the student can request records, per FERPA requirements.
- Requests are processed in the order received.
- For the protection and privacy of the student, requests will not be fulfilled without proof of identity
Transcripts for current students
To be able to order a transcript from Naviance, you must have a Student Record Release Authorization Form on file in the counseling office before any transcripts can be sent. You can find this form in the Document Resources section of Naviance at the bottom of the home page under Counselor Forms.
College applications typically use electronic copies of official transcripts, but if the school does not accept transcripts electronically, the transcript will be mailed. Please check with the institution to see which type you need.
Electronic transcripts are free. Transcripts that must be mailed cost $1 each and will need to be paid in the counseling office before requesting transcripts.
Ordering preliminary transcripts
- Go to Naviance.
- Enter your Username, which is S and your Student ID Number (Ex: S123456).
- Enter your Password (You should be asked to make a password the first time you log in. This is what you will use to access the site).
- Under the “Colleges” tab, click "Colleges I'm Applying To".
- Add the colleges you are applying to using the pink "+" button at the top.
- Use the drop-down menu to find your college(s).
- Click on “Add and Request Transcript”.
- If you already have colleges in your list but have not requested transcripts, you may click the "Request Transcripts" link under "Colleges I'm Applying to".
- Select the school and then "Request Transcripts".
- Select which transcript you’d like to send and click “Request and Finish”.
Final transcripts for 2021 graduates
Garland ISD has partnered with GreenLight Credentials to allow students/families to instantly and securely share academic credentials and records with educational institutions, employers, and the military. Class of 2021 must use the system to obtain their final transcript. If the student is under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must also register and sign a FERPA release form to give authorization. The parent/guardian must use the same enrollment code as the student.
Please view the Quick Start Guide and the videos below for instructions on how to register on GreenLight, including how to look up your enrollment code.
- How GreenLight Helps Students
- For students: How to register on GreenLight
- For parents: How to register on GreenLight and provide authorization for your child
- How to look up your enrollment code
- For students: How to share your transcript using GreenLight
If you need assistance in obtaining your enrollment code, please contact the Registrar of your previous High School.
If you continue to receive error messages, screenshot the error message and email it to Loree Jones-Huggins.
Transcripts for alumni
We maintain digital files for high school transcripts of all GISD students indefinitely.
- If you need a transcript for the 2018-19 school year or graduated in 2018 or 2019, contact your High School registrar.
- If you graduated in 2017 or before, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also use the print and mail-in form located below.
Ordering alumni transcripts
Print the transcript request form.
Complete all areas on the form.
Mail the form with cash, check or money order in the amount of $1.00** for each transcript copy requested, made payable to Garland ISD to the following address:
Student Services & School Choice, Box 501
Garland Independent School District
P.O. Box 469026
Garland, TX 75046-9026
GED diplomas are granted by the State of Texas, not Garland ISD. Because of this, the methods of requesting transcripts outlined above do not apply to GED transcripts. Please request your GED by going through the state processes.