Why Choose GISD?
- Competitive salaries, some of the highest in the area
- Comprehensive benefits, including employee assistance and financial wellness programs
- Employee clinic with low-cost, non-emergency visits
- Children/grandchildren of nonresident employees can attend GISD schools
- Discounted community swim passes at the GISD Natatorium
- Enhanced security procedures to help protect students and staff
- Diverse community with more than 70 languages
- Project Goal, a two-year 1-on-1 mentorship program for beginning teachers
- All teachers get a laptop, docking station, and dual monitors as a district standard
- Choice of school district with no attendance zones and a variety of magnet and specialized programs
- Strong investment in the growth of our staff through leadership development and learner pathways
On this page
Be the Light: Join the GISD Family
With our online system, you can attach your resume, transcripts, reference letters, or other documents to your application.
Extensive opportunities for leadership development and growth
As a GISD employee, you will have access to a range of professional development opportunities, including leadership development programs and learner pathways, to help you grow as a leader. We believe that leadership is not just a title but an action, and we are dedicated to fostering a culture of leadership excellence in our campuses, district offices, and the community. Leadership matters in GISD and our investment in the leadership pipeline ensures that our leaders are equipped with the skills and knowledge to make a positive impact and drive change.