On this page
Tech support portal
Need help with GISD Chromebook or iPad technical issues or looking for extra instructions?
Note: You must be signed in to a district Google account to view.
1:1 Technology Program
Devices provided for all students
We enhance learning with technology by providing a Chromebook to all students in grades 3-12 and an iPad to all students in PreK-2. Students can use these devices in the classroom and at home for school work and learning.
Technology in our schools
Preparing students for a digital world
Our district provides technology to support learning and teaches students to use a variety of devices, software and web applications. Each of our schools has:
- a computer for the teacher in each classroom
- a webcam and display in each classroom
- Internet and wireless connectivity
We also feature special offerings for specific programs:
- CTE and TechApps labs (some middle schools and high schools)
- iPad carts/trays in classrooms
- eSports labs
- robotics labs
Check with your campus to see what technology is available for your student. Students may also bring their own device to school if they have one (see the Bring Your Own Device policy below).
Get affordable internet with the FCC Benefit
Community members who need help affording broadband connections can receive aid through the FCC Affordable Connectivity program. This benefit program includes:
- an internet service discount of up to $30 per month for eligible households
- an internet service discount of up to $75 per month for households on qualifying tribal lands
- a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a laptop, desktop, computer or tablet from participating providers (the family must pay more than $10 and less than $50 to qualify)
Apply for the benefit
Please note that the program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Policies for technology
Students in our district must follow the rules set by our technology policies.
Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m-4:30 p.m
Friday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.