Educating 55,000 students across 71 campuses, Garland ISD ranks as the second-largest district in Dallas County, fifth-largest in Dallas-Fort Worth, 15th-largest in Texas, and is among the 75-largest in America. With a rich, 100-year tradition of excellence, GISD boasts a diverse population that speaks more than 100 languages, as well as technology-driven campuses, magnet programs and approximately 200 Career and Technical Education courses.
Choice of School
Choose your school
In Garland ISD, there are no attendance zones. Families select the campus their children will attend through our Choice of School program.
More than 98% of families receive their first choice.
Attend your neighborhood school, a school across town or apply to attend a magnet school.
Transportation is provided in designated transportation zones for neighborhood schools and for students accepted to magnet schools.
Students living outside of the district can attend Garland ISD schools through our Open Enrollment program.
College for All
Get a head start on your career
We provide opportunities for all students to earn at least 12 hours of college credit or an industry certification alongside their high school diplomas.
Academics & CCMR
Customize your education
Selective magnet schools, innovative programs and student-focused support services give each student the power to create a customized education based on personal strengths, talents and interests. There's something for everyone, from 3 years old to 12th grade.
Safe and supportive schools
Free college prep
GISD helps to cover the cost of your student's success. We offer:
- free AP Exams to all high school students enrolled in AP courses
- free PSAT/SAT exams for students in eighth through 11th-grade
financial awards for students with qualifying AP performance
free college tuition through our Dallas County Promise and Texas A&M-Commerce Pledge partnerships
Programs & Services
GISD meets the needs of the 21st-century learner through our future-focused curriculum. Our district:
100-year standard of excellence
GISD stands out above the rest:
- 12 Best Community for Music Education awards
- National Blue Ribbon schools, National PTA Schools of Excellence, U.S. News & World Report's Best Schools and Texas Honor Roll distinctions
- repeated National Merit and Advanced Placement Scholar student recognition
- 11.2 years average teacher experience and a student/teacher ratio of 15.5:1
- AAA rating by Moody's for financial excellence
- Texas Comptroller Transparency Star Awards
- 64 campuses Energy Star certified
Pictured: Rhodes Trust scholar and GISD Alum Evan Walker
Here are just a few of the perks that come with joining the GISD team:
- competitive salaries
- comprehensive benefits package including an employee assistance program
- students of nonresident employees can attend GISD schools
- a two-year 1-on-1 new teacher mentorship
- a low-cost employee clinic for non-emergency medical needs
Be a part of the #GISDEffect! Join our diverse community today.