How To Do Business With Us
Learn about how to register to be a supplier, use the vendor portal, invoice information and access additional forms.
As a Texas public school district, we follow the Texas Legislature's laws on large purchases that govern public funds. The laws are designed to ensure that public funds are used wisely. As part of our commitment to financial transparency, you can find historical data for contracts on the contracts and procurement page.
On this page
Register as a supplier
Those interested in doing business with us must apply through our supplier collaboration network, iSupplier. iSupplier is a portal program that serves as a database of interested suppliers and lets suppliers view a history of purchase orders and invoices.
Please keep in mind that registering does not guarantee approval to provide goods or services to our district. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Employees cannot register in our iSupplier database as a supplier and may not use their position with the district to attempt to sell or service (see Policy DBD Local).
To register as a supplier with GISD:
- Collect all required documents (listed below)*
- Login to the iSupplier online registration portal
- Complete all fields and attach all required documents listed to your application
- Submit form and documents
Once all of the documents required for registration have been received and approved by the Purchasing department, you will receive an email with login information for the iSupplier network and be registered as a supplier.
*It is not possible to add documents after closing an application.
You must submit the following when registering:
- W9 form (dated within the last 12 months)
- A copy of current, unexpired identification (see list of acceptable IDs below)*
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire, if a conflict exists (TX Local Government Code 176.006)**
- Copy of HUB certificate (if applicable).
Per our Policy CH Local, we encourage the participation of minority-owned, women-owned and small businesses in our procurement process. See below for a list of recognized certification agencies.
*Identification is only required for an individual/sole proprietor.
**Please send a copy of Conflict of Interest Questionnaires to:
Mr. Mark Booker
Director of Purchasing
P.O. Box 469026
Garland, TX 75046-9026
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
- ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address
- School ID card with a photograph
- U.S. Military card
- Military dependent's ID card
HUB certification agencies
See CH Regulation for reference.
- City of Austin
- City of Houston
- Corpus Christi Regional Transportation
- Department of Transportation
- D/FW Minority Council
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency
- Small Business Administration
- South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency
- State of Texas
- Women Business Council
Registered suppliers may access vendor functions like sourcing (electronic bidding) through the Oracle iSupplier portal.
To access the registered supplier portal:
- Log in to portal using your provided username and password (contact the Purchasing Department if you need assistance).
- Under the Main Menu section, click the "GISD iSupplier User" folder.
- Access the iSupplier Home page or Sourcing page from the folder list.
Our system works best with these web browsers:
- Windows 10:
- Minimum: Edge V83, Chrome V35, Firefox ESR 78.x
- macOS (Big Sur 11.3/Catalina 10.15.1/Mojave 10.14.5/High Sierra 10.13.3 or later)
- Minimum: Firefox ESR 78.x
- macOS (High Sierra 10.13.3/Sierra 10.12.6/OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 or later)
- Minimum: Safari 11.0.3 or higher
Access iSupplier vendor portal
See supplier training information below for additional help:
Forms and manuals
- Conflict of Interest form
If a conflict of interest should appear at any time between a vendor and our district, vendors may submit a Conflict of Interest Questionnaire to email@example.com.
- Construction Minimum Safety Program Guidelines
View the Garland ISD Construction Minimum Safety Program Guidelines Manual for all companies to consider when submitting their proposals.
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
Complete the Disclosure of Lobbying Activities form according to 31 U.S.C. 1352.
- W9 form
If changes are made to the vendor's taxpayer ID or company, then a new W9 form needs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oracle bulk load catalog
As part of any solicitation, you may be required to submit an Oracle bulk load catalog spreadsheet. This spreadsheet includes information required to load a vendor's products internally in the district's database.
If the bulk load catalog is required, it will be noted in the solicitation (see current bids/specifications).
- Texas Data Privacy Agreement
Complete the Texas Data Privacy Agreement and submit a copy to email@example.com.
- Exceptions to Texas Data Privacy Agreement
If the existing agreement needs to be modified in order for you to do business with the district and the district is in agreement, please complete the Exceptions to Texas Data Privacy Agreement and submit a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invoices & Payments
By law, the school district has 30 days after receipt of an invoice to present payment. We intend to pay all invoices as promptly as possible. However, by acceptance of a Garland Independent School District purchase order, you agree to the 30-day payment policy.
All invoices are submitted to:
Garland Independent School District
Accounts Payable Department
P.O. Box 461228
Garland, TX 75046-1228