Garland ISD has long been one of the best-kept secrets in the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex. With programs such as full-day Pre-K, Montessori, Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID), and Early College High School, Garland ISD provides the best learning opportunities for its students.
If you live outside the district boundaries of Garland ISD, you may still be able to attend and experience our excellent schools and programs. This type of out-of-district transfer is known as Open Enrollment.
Join the GISD Family
Our Open Enrollment Out-of-District program makes Garland ISD's exceptional education and opportunities available to students who reside outside GISD. Students who will attend prekindergarten through grade 12 are invited to apply for this tuition-free program in the upcoming school year.
Why join GISD?
All education is not equal. #ChooseGarlandISD to take advantage of the many programs and services we offer to support your students and provide ways to customize their education.
- Tuition-free all-day Pre-K and kindergarten
- AVID college prep support and strategies
- Selective magnet programs such as Early College High School and P-TECH
- Art classes are offered at every standard K-12 campus
- Industry-level career and technical courses
- All high schools hold A-rating for college, career & military readiness
- Award-winning eSports and robotics
- State-of-the-art natatorium and water safety program
- FREE AP, IB, SAT and TSI-A tests for all
- Registered nurses at every campus
- and much more...
Open Enrollment makes these incredible opportunities available to students who live outside the district's attendance boundaries and who will attend PreK-12th grade in the upcoming school year. These brand new open boundaries will transform your child's education.
How to Apply
Open Enrollment applications are now open for the upcoming school year. Students must apply and provide documentation to meet the eligibility criteria to participate. Applications are required as open campuses, and available seats are limited.
Please submit a separate application for each student you want to be considered for a transfer. Application is by each student, not by family.
See answers to frequently asked questions from applicants about the Open Enrollment Out-of-District Transfer program on our Open Enrollment FAQ Page.