Global Business, Language & Leadership-High School
The Global Business, Language & Leadership magnet program provides students with course options that will expand their understanding of business, marketing and/or finance within a global context and help them to be more competitive when applying to colleges. The following are innovative aspects of this exciting magnet program:
- Business, marketing and finance elective classes focused on global business.
- College credit options via AP and/or dual credit courses.
- Language course options, including Mandarin Chinese.
- Leadership development through community service, global business organizations and business competitions.
- Problem-based learning activities that connect the class learning to real-world applications.
- National and international study abroad summer learning experiences.
- open to students entering grades 9-10
- 50th percentile on reading and math achievement tests
- pass STAAR/EOC
- passing grades in core subjects
- no serious discipline issues
Final acceptance will be determined using the above criteria and by the number of available seats. Should more qualified students apply than space allows, a lottery process will be used to select students to fill the openings with all remaining names placed in a waiting pool for the possibility of future openings.